In the digital era, wireless networks are emerging as an essential part of our lives. We use them to conduct business operations, stay in touch with our loved ones, and browse the internet. Devices can access the internet over a wireless network without being physically plugged into a modem or router. While this ease of access is making our lives convenient, the ubiquity of wireless networks gives unrestricted access to hackers. So, keeping your wireless wife secure and safe becomes of utmost importance.
In this blog, we will outline everything you need to know about the Wi-Fi , including types and how to protect it from any threat. Also, if you prefer a more personalised approach, make sure to schedule an appointment with the best Wi-Fi solutions provider in Abu Dhabi.
What is Wireless (Wi-Fi ) Security?
The purpose of wireless Wi-Fi security is to prevent unauthorised users from connecting to your wireless network and stealing sensitive data. A person’s wireless protocol reveals the kind of wireless security being utilised. Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) is the security method that is most frequently used.
The most recent version of WPA, WPA3, is a secure sort of Wi-Fi security. Data sent over a wireless network is encrypted using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) by WPA3.
Different Types Of Wireless Security
There are four primary categories of wireless security protocols, as previously stated. Each of these differs in functionality and power.
- WEP: WEP is the short form of Wired Equivalent Privacy. While most of the other devices have advanced to more contemporary kinds of wireless security, WEP still works well for older devices whose broadband Wi-Fi is vulnerable. It is the original Wi-Fi security system.
- WPA: WPA is referred to as Wi-Fi Protected Access. WPA proved to be a more advanced security mechanism that was more difficult to compromise by developing a shifting 128-bit key, known as the Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP), in contrast to WEP’s stationery key, leading to a higher level of protection for your home connection.
- WPA2: As technology advanced, WPA2 was released in 2004 and replaced TKIP with CCMP, or the Counter Mode Cypher Block Chaining Message Authentication Code Protocol, to increase Wi-Fi security features. The WPA2-PSK and the WPA2-Enterprise are two additional broadband Wi-Fi security features included in WPA2.
- WPA3: WPA3 is one of the greatest options. This newest security measure offers even better password protection, higher network security for businesses, and customised encryption to guarantee that your data is always secure. The WPA3-PSK approach enhances the prior one by further fortifying the authentication procedure.
5 Techniques To Keep Your Wireless Security Secure
- Firewalls: Install firewalls that help to prevent and block unwanted traffic from your network.
- Encryption: You can use encryption techniques to send your important data online.
- Virtual Private Networks (VPNs): A private network that provides a secure connection between two networks, and you can easily access the network.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): It gives you control to give permission to who can access your network resource.
- Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS): It assists in monitoring all activities so that you can keep an eye on intrusions.
Manage and Install Wireless Wi-Fi With Trutech IT
Whether you’re looking for a home Wi-Fi solution or an office Wi-Fi solution, the team of Trutech IT has got your back. You can trust us as one of the best network security solutions providers in Abu Dhabi, and let us manage your wireless Wi-Fi security. We make sure to provide you with safe and secure Wi-Fi, networking, and other services so that your work is not hampered.